Tuesday, March 10, 2009

CALLING ALL QUILTERS!

I need your help.

OK. So we all know that, as quilters, we can go a little crazy sometimes. Well I am in a predicament and I know you all have been there before.


I bought some fabric AGES ago that I LOVED, but didn't know what I was going to do with it. Well, here I am, a year or so later with an idea. I happen to have enough yardage for this quilt, but I don't have enough for a back.


I am asking you, my faithful readers if you can help me locate the fabric for the back of this quilt. What I am looking for is this:



It's from Shangri La by Moda. I have found it in 45" but it also comes in 108" quilt backing. This is what I need; at LEAST 2 yards.

I have been all over the web- but you know how that can be. I'm hoping that with this plea someone, somewhere, may have seen it in a local shop or in their stash and might be willing to part with it (for a decent price, that is).

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

P.S.- I think I'll offer a reward! A free Crazy Old Ladies pattern of your choice for any imformation that gets me some of that fabric!.

6 comments:

Sarah C said...

it doesnt look like they offer the red in 108''

At least not on this Spring Market 2007 order form

http://www.unitednotions.com/ll_shangri-la.pdf

If you do find it though let me know...i might need to order some for myself

Emily Herrick said...

You rock, Sarah! I totally thought it did and I would've been searching forever. Thanks for your detective work. I guess I'll be buying yardage and piecing it afterall. THANK YOU!

Emily Herrick said...

By the way Sarah, if you email me your address I will be happy to send you a free pattern for your help.

THANKS!

Amy said...

Emily! Your husband told me about Crazy Old Ladies and I am so excited for you! Your quilts are gorgeous! Good luck at market. I hope it goes great!!!

Chl said...

Instead of buying a whole bolt - unless you want it, there is a store -- www.itsastitchonline.com -- they happen to have the print that you are wanting. Have fun with your purchases!

jlk said...

Did you check ebay? I have had some amazing fabric finds on ebay.