Tuesday, June 21, 2011

This and That

I've had a busy week (-end)
.
I spent a couple of days playing with this cute guy:

 While my Mom turned my kitchen into a bakery so she could make this beautiful cake:

 for this happy couple:
Mr. and Mrs. Evan Jenny!

And while all the family was in town for the wedding- we celebrated Fathers Day as well with a pic of my Dad with all 7 of us "kids":

During all the goings on of cake baking, baby snuggling, wedding prepping, sibling teasing, etc. I kept recieving phonecalls from my LQS where this was set up:



because this pattern was flying off the shelves!
I mentioned the pattern here and have decided, because of it's popularity, to list it on my Etsy shop.


7 comments:

Kira said...

Wow. Super congrats. Lucky for you to be family with some great peeps. I am almost done with my project and am definitely going to the LQS to see your display. I hope it's where I think it is.

Cheryl said...

What a sweet little guy...wonderful cake...great family photos...and wonderful displays!!!! Great post.

Yvonne said...

You must have your creativity from your Mom! What a great wedding cake she made! It must have been fun to have all your family around.

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a blast with your wonderful family! My parents come from very large families and as a result, I have over 50 first cousins!

Congratulations on the hawtness of your Breaking Dawn quilt!!!

Melanie said...

must have been fun to have ALL the family in town... now it's time to get back to the daily grind.

Moose on the Porch Quilts said...

Of course that quilt was flying off the shelf! It looked great there -- and it's one of my favorite patterns of yours! #5 reminds me of your boys. Not that he looks exactly like them, just kind of. Fun that you got to play with a baby that didn't wake you up at night! Looks like you had some good family time!

Steven and Ginger said...

Can't wait to get my hands on a fat quarter bundle of going coastal. I just visited the corn wagon, last week on a trip to Utah, and was so excited to see the display of quilts using going coastal!!! I purchased surf pattern and can't wait to make it for my boys. It totally reminds me of a summer quilt that would be in potterybarn kids summer line up. Great job.