Thursday, October 6, 2011

A little of this and a little of that

Oh my gosh! Let me start by first apologizing for my last post. It's hard to convey sarcasm when posting on blogs so if I came across a bit (or a BUNCH) snarky - that was not my intention. Personally I thought the play on words was a bit funny. I just wanted to let everyone know about the correction before it caused any problems with your projects. If I offended any- SO SORRY!

Now, on to some FUN stuff!  I quilted the first WIP yesterday. I LOVE how it turned out. It's not a very big quilt- small baby or table topper, but I love it just the same.

I used a Charm pack of Fig Tree's FRESH COTTON. (Again, started these ages ago).

I pieced them together- square to square. Then I appliqued white fabric 'peels' over the seams and blanket stitched them. For the quilting I just echoed the curved lines of the scallop. There's not a huge border- just straight to the binding for which I'm going to use another Fig Tree fabric from Strawberry Fields. (Some complain that many designers' collections tend to look the same but I LOVE it because I know I can always find something to match those long ago pieced WIPS!  :o)

Another bit of fun is that it's raining. Well, the rain isn't so fun. But I am glad to have an excuse to use this:

And, just so you know, it works PERFECTLY!  I couldn't get a pic because I was the one holding the umbi in the rain- but trust me, it works like a charm.  :o)  To find out more about my fabulous umbi check here. \

One last bit of news: Tomorrow I am traveling not-to-far-away with Thankfully Sew to attend
I am so EXCITED!!!

I can't promise blogging over the weekend but I can promise LOTS of blogging next week. To find out more about who I'll see there click here.

Hope you have a great weekend!

8 comments:

Mommarock said...

Oh I love your quilting. It looks like Cathedral Windows to me at first glance.. which I totally love. Of course that is like a ton of work, and I havn't done more than a pillow of Cathedral windows without giving up.. this is beautiful!

Shanley said...

I didn't think your last post was snarky. But then again, I am fluent in sarcasm.

Nicole said...

I love, love, love your cathedral windows quilt. I've always wanted to make one of those, I've only done a cheater one. So jealous your going to the sewing summit, I really want to go but it's just not in the budget this year, maybe next.

Kira said...

I love the look of the quilt and the quilting.

Shelley said...

Wasn't snarky at all :) and, afterall, it's YOUR blog, you shouldn't have to apologize for what you write :)

Pamela said...

Hi Emily,

It was just lovely meeting you this weekend at the Sewing Summit. I can't quite remember how we were introduced and started chatting the night away but I am so glad we did. We just clicked and I had a great time hearing your success as a fabric designer. (Kudos!) Your amazing and a new friend. Lunch? Definently.

Lee said...

Hi Emily! It was great meeting you this weekend at the Summit! Love your blog and your work - can't wait to see your next line.

Kendra from missknittas studio said...

I've been trying to place faces to blogs, and am happy to find yours and Terry's after meeting you while we were sorting our color wheel charm squares on Friday evening (I was the one who wouldn't share with you)! Looking forward to keeping up with you through your blog and seeing you again next year :)