Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Feeling Christmasy

I've been trying to feel more Christmasy. We don't even have our tree up yet. My daughter told me as she left for school this morning that if the tree wasn't up when she got home I was going to be in trouble. I think she's right, I should be in trouble.
 
As kids we always went out as a family the Saturday after Thanksgiving to the Christmas tree farm to cut down the tree. I love that memory. I really need to stop depriving my kids of Christmas memories too.
 
Today I will put up the tree and start feeling more Christmasy. :o)
 
In honor of feeling more Christmasy I wanted to show you some fun pix I took not too long ago at the Utah Valley Quilt Guild. When I walked in I was excited to see two quilts hanging in the hall. I had a little trouble finding the owners but finally tracked them down.
 

Mary Killpack and Maureen Tuttle a Mother/Daughter duo made these gorgeous matching quilts from my Which Witch pattern. I was great visiting with them and hearing more about their quilts.

They used vintage trims from Maureen's Mother's and Grandmother's stash to adorn the elves clothing.
 



 

 
 
 
 
Every detail was thought of and trims matched up with the most perfect fabrics. Maureen was especially excited about the tiny polka-dot jingle bells she added.
 
So cute and Christmasy. Fantastic job ladies!
 
I apologize for the picture quality- my computer is still revolting against my camera so these are from my phone.
 
If you're feeling Christmasy too, you can get your Which Witch pattern HERE!.
 
 

5 comments:

Beth said...

I am not feeling it either. I have no decorations up at all.
I do have that pattern...maybe if I make some adorable blocks I will feel more like decorating and celebrating.
Cheers! May the holidays spirit hit you! (LOL)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful quilts! :D I don't have a single decoration up yet, let alone a tree!

Cindy Sharp said...

Isn't it a thrill to see someone elses take on your pattern?!

Kira said...

Wow. There is so much detail. From the fabric to the trim to the quilting. That took a lot of time and skill. Well done.

Yvonne said...

What a cute quilts, great pattern! Hope you could make Paris happy with the decorating you have been working on!