The other day I decided enough is enough! This sewing space has got to be organized.
This is me- Keeping it real. Actually this is after I started organizing. It always has to get worse before it can get better, right!? It looks a lot better now but I want to wait until I have my new shelves up before the final reveal.
I pulled all my little piles and separated them into colors. I still have some bundles of certain collections or projects I have pulled them for- but I wanted the majority easy to find by color.
My cutting table sits on top of a cubby shelf. I've been eyeing these Martha Stewart bins from home Depot for a while now. I finally broke down and bought them. Each bin coordinates with the fabrics inside. I LOVE them! My daughter has already re-arranged them several times but I'll always know where each color is.
With my space finally shaping up I got to work on a project I've been needing to finish. This is my #hexesandexes "Before" quilt. I finished all these blocks and realized the quilt just wasn't big enough.
Thanks to the generosity of friends on Instagram and me putting aside the notion that "this-quilt-could-only-have-tulapink-fabric-in-it" I was able to make the rest of the blocks.
Now to tackle those 'Y' seams today!
I'm working on a pattern/tutorial that will be out soon. :o)