Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Text Block Results

A couple of weeks ago I asked for your help deciding what to do with my TEXT fabrics. I got lots of great comments but still felt a little stuck. I could picture so many of the suggestions but I really wanted to stick with just the black and white text fabrics without adding in any colors.


A few of you included links in your comments and I sure am glad you did. One of the links led me to Blue Underground Studios, Inc. The quilt that I was directed to (Green Glass Door) was very nice but the one that really caught my eye was the one beneath it (In and Out).

Since it's for a bee group I used the idea and drafted my own blocks.


 Each member of the bee will get both a light and a dark text print. They will make anywhere from 2-4 blocks in any light-dark combination. I am really excited. I think it's going to turn out FABULOUS.

Thanks again for your helpful ideas. Even though I didn't choose these blocks on a direct suggestion, I wouldn't have found it without the comment and link from Valerie at vjwildman. She will recieve the gorgeous bundle of scraps in the first picture. Thank you!

Coming soon..... an update on my lost but not forgotten bee block poll. :o)
 

No comments: