Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Extra! Extra! Read all about it!


Last fall in Houston I had the pleasure of visiting with some of the amazing people from Fons & Porter. Our chit-chat turned into a couple publication opportunities and I am so excited to finally be able to share them with you!


The Summer 2014 issue of Easy Quilts will feature my pattern "Blue and White" using the gorgeous prints from Michael Miller Fabrics


I can't even tell you how much I love these prints. They are so out-of-my-box but I fell in love with them and loved sewing up this quilt. The pattern is so simple but the results are sophisticated and stylish.


The other pattern is found in the summer issue of Quilting Quickly. "Scrappy Duo" features the beautiful prints from Helen's Garden by my friend Tamara Kate. LOVE this collection! 


As soon as I saw these prints at market I just knew I had to play with them! These two charming quilts sew up so quickly and the best part is- you get two for the price of one!

Some day I'm going to get pictures of the actual quilts before I send them off so I don't have to resort to taking pictures of the magazine pages. :o)

One of the best parts about having a pattern published in a magazine is getting to see all the other amazing designs in the issue. Both of these mags have some seriously fun ideas and a couple I'm already mentally pulling fabric for. Any leisure sewing is going to have to wait for me since I'm up to my ears in market prep. But you can get started on "Blue and White" or the "Scrappy Duo" right away!

HAPPY SEWING!!




7 comments:

Barbie Mills said...

Woohoo! These both look great! I especially love the blue and white one.

ipatchandquilt said...

Fabulous quilts with great impact!!!
They are gorgeously fresh and cheery!
Esther

Yvonne said...

So proud of you! Great job!

Unknown said...

Emily, they are wonderful! But this comes as no surprise either! Congrats!

ResourcefulPathCoach said...

Congratulations!!! I can't decide which one I want to start with first. The blue reminds me of fine china and I love the blue and white. I may start making that one first. Thanks for sharing and I can't wait to see what you have for market.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I should be getting both of those magazines, so I will be sure to see if I can make them. You are such a great sewer and person. You deserve the best.

kayajoy said...

They look great Emily! Thanks again for choosing to use Helen's Garden!