Thursday, January 7, 2010

Mourning

Yes, I am in mourning. I am greiving the loss of my favorite blogger. Oh, she's still alive- but her blog is missing her presence.

On Jan. 1st she posted a fabulous blog with pix of her '09 quilts. She then went on to say she was "moving on".

I'm in denial. I click the link to her blog everyday and she's not there. Just the same collage of '09 quilts. I don't know what I'll do without her.

CRAZY MOM QUILTS is giving up the blog. Thankfully she's going to leave it up for a while as a resource- but no one knows how long. But I will no longer be able to log onto my comp. over breakfast and see what she's been working on.

I just emailed her requesting a post of her machine quilting patterns. She's a stippler like me, you see. But has recently branched out into some AMAZING allover designs. I guess I'll just have to search them out for myself.

So today I sit in sadness staring blankly at my screen. No more Crazy Mom. :o(


p.s.- If you happen to see this Crazy Mom- BEST OF LUCK IN ALL YOU DO!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear....she is one of my favorites as well. I love her tutorias!!

Andrea said...

I feel the same way. I feel like it's some kind of April Fools joke, and I go back daily to see if she changed her mind. It also makes me start to wonder, is blogging really worth it? If crazymom, with almost 500 comments on that post calls it quits, is it worth it?

Natalia from Piece N Quilt said...

I agree, I loved reading Amanda's blog, I am so sad that we won't have her as our inspiration any more! We will miss you!

allsewnup said...

Amandajean was the reason I started a blog but you know that sometimes we all need our space. She's definitely one in a million and yes she will be missed.

Carolyn

Jocelyn said...

Amanda Jean's blog was one of the first quilting blogs that I started reading. I will miss her A LOT! She was amazing to do all the quilting she did, plus having little children. She had such a huge following. Maybe one day, when her children are older, she will come back to us.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes a hard decision needs to be made...blogging has become an extension to my quilting...Warm Regards Lyn

Mimi said...

I, too, have enjoyed her blog and am sorry to see it go. Just maybe she will change her mind. One can only hope. Thanks for the heads up.

Moose on the Porch Quilts said...

I skipped through that post and totally missed that part of it. I guess I was just looking at the quilts. WOW! That's all - just WOW!

Anonymous said...

I know...the quilting community is heartbroken.