Thursday, January 28, 2010

FLORA & FAUNA

INTRODUCING:

Have you heard? The color of the year is TURQUOISE! At first I wasn't sure about this color- but then I saw this fabric and I knew they were right on. Of course, SANDY GERVAIS has done it again with her spring line- FROLIC.

As I was stitching together this sample names kept popping through my head but I always came back to 'Flora & Fauna'. I wanted to stick Merryweather in there somewhere, but it just didn't work. Anyway, it must've been the inspiration floating through the air because soon after I got all the covers printed I found out that Patty Young's new line for Michael Miller is also called Flora & Fauna. It also features TONS of beautiful turquoise and, if I do say so myself, would look FABULOUS in my Flora & Fauna pattern. Hmmm, maybe I need to get my hands on some of that fabric!
So, if the fabric every shows up I'll have kits on my ETSY for this one too!

7 comments:

SewCalGal said...

Very cute quilt!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Barb said...

Another wonderful quilt design!!

Connie said...

I do like this quilts! HAPPY STITCHING!

Moose on the Porch Quilts said...

That's a great pattern for that line!

Material Mary said...

Darling quilt and I love the fabric of course!!
Mary

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Love this quilt!!

Shannon said...

You have done it again my friend, way cute. I'm first in line for a kit, ok. It was fun brainstorming with you today. Can't wait.