I FINALLY finished a project that I have been dying to show you!
I've always wanted to take a folded binding shot!
here. You can even see me working on some of the blocks. We were given a baggy of scraps but I had so much fun I started digging through the garbage (scrap piles) to find more. I even managed to get a couple blocks donated by some friends.
Thanks to some scraps and inspiration from Pam- I decided it was time to finish! However I wasn't too pleased with my quilting choice. I decided to do ramdom lines (not always straight) throughout the quilt. Eh. Not my favorite- but it is what it is.
I finally bound it last night while watching Glee. :o)
I LOVE the finished quilt!
I'm calling it 'Ode to Improv' because of the class at SS taught by the lovely Jess of Urban Patchwork.
My quilt has 3 parts:
The top where the large solids pieces are.
The center made up of several improv blocks.
And the bottom that has everything left.
p.s.- I've got an idea for my giveaway. I think I'll announce on Friday. Stay tuned! :o)