Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Counting On Christmas

Are you starting to feel it? I've had the Christmas bug since Halloween! It's a big deal this year since I haven't felt very Christmasy the last few years. I didn't realize how much I missed it until I started feeling it and now I hope it never leaves.
My daughter has been very adamant this year about not putting up Christmas decorations until after Thanksgiving. She's only 9 but she notices how Thanksgiving gets skipped right over, especially in the stores. And I have to agree. So our tree will have to wait until after Thanksgiving to be put up. But I did manage to sneak my "Counting on Christmas" quilt on to the wall. I mean, I did need to take a picture and there's no sense in taking it down if I'm just going to put it back up in a couple of days :o)


I just finished a remake of my advent calendar quilt- Counting on Christmas. I wish I could tell you these fabrics are in your local shop but I've been saving (hoarding?) them for years. One of my very favorite Christmas collections is Kate Spain's 12 Days of Christmas


You have to admit, it's simply delicious! But from 2010 it's a little hard to come by. Thanks to a dear friend and a quick thumb on an IG destash I was able to score a couple Layer cakes and some yardage earlier this year. Oh, you haven't seen the last of it yet :o)

Are you dying to make one of your own? The pattern is available as an instant download in my Etsy shop! Now I know we're getting a little close to the start of December but since it's fusible applique it goes together so quickly you can have the top done in an afternoon. And if you're a real plan ahead type you can start planning for a twin size for next year. I always thought it would be the cutest for my kids to have countdown quilts on their beds during the month of December. Right!? Somehow I don't think my 14y/o would agree :o)

HAPPY SEWING and a very

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!


6 comments:

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

I love your quilt!!! Seriously cute!

Yvonne said...

Paris is right! No Christmas before Thanksgiving. Love this quilt!

Tiffany said...

Okay. I love the idea of making something like this for a bed. Genius!

QuiltNut Creations said...

Such a great quilt! And the perfect fabric line for it.

Patty said...

Beautiful countdown pattern. I have several yards of that line in my stash but have just never decided in just the right project for it. This just might be the one.

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

I adore this!! I'm pinning this to make next year. (Cause let's be honest... I'm barely going to finish the things I plan to *gift*)