Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Classic Quilts

THANK YOU to everyone who sent me pics of their classic quilts. There are so many beautiful old quilts out there. I didn't grow up among old quilts. As far as I know, no one in my family quilted before me. Well, I'm sure someone did- but nobody kept the quilts to prove it. It sure would be cool to have some family heirlooms. Oh well, at least my kids, grandkids, great-grandkids, etc. will have plenty of mine. ;o)

Normally I draw random winners- but this time I just couldn't. I LOVED so many of the quilts that I saw but one in particular really spoke to me and I just had to pick it as a winner-

This beautiful quilt from Mary on Lake Pulaski. Mary has been a follower since my meager beginnings. I can be sure when I post that Mary will read and always leave a comment. Thanks Mary! When I first saw this quilt I thought 'Sunflowers'. Did anyone else get that? The more I look at it the less I see sunflowers- but that was the first inspiring thought that came to me. funny how that works sometimes, isn't it?

Wanna see what Mary won?

A 'Cherish Nature' Layer cake by Deb Strain. See, I told you it would be fabric.

Shoot me an email Mary with your shipping info. so I can get this out before I head back to the hospital on Thurs. (ugh!) Don't worry all, this time I remembered to pack THREAD! :o)

5 comments:

Debi said...

Very beautiful quilt of Mary's. Congrats to Mary!

Jandi said...

Congrats to Mary! And I'm glad you're going to remember the thread!

jlk said...

Very pretty quilt! Good luck at the hospital. Now that you've remembered thread, don't forget your needle!

Barb said...

What a lovely quilt....congrats to Mary!!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

I am so honored by your kind words about my quilt. Thank you.
Hope you are out of the hospital soon.