Thursday, March 18, 2010

Float, Flutter, Fly

No, I'm not referring to the way I feel on pain meds. I'm quoting the lyrics to one of my favorite kids-shows as of late: the Backyardagains. Have you seen it? My daughter has a video and normally I dread those things because they play like a broken record- but this one is SO CUTE! I love it. And I sing- SING- when it's on. I beg her to watch this one sometimes. :o) Yadda, Yadda, what does that have to do with quilting?

Well I was singing one of the songs in my head just now "Questing, questing, questing. Never resting" and thinking about my latest 'QUEST'. I decided to write and ask for your help. I need classic quilt patterns. You know, the old favorites. Nine-patch, Grandma's flower garden, rail-fence. Except not those ones because I already know those ones. I've been online but there's just too much and it's very overwhelming. Besides, I need FAVORITES! Personal favorites. The ones YOU like. So help me out on my quest and give me some ideas.

Here's the thing. I know lots of classic BLOCKS so I would love some classic QUILTS. They can be a whole quilt made from the same block- but I need to see the quilt. I don't need the instructions- just a pic. Does that make sense? I've got somethin' in my brain and I need a little extra inspiration.

So see what you can find and send me and email with a pic. Sound good? As always, I'll be rewarding a lucky helper. Send those pics through next Mon. (3/22). I'll pick a winner so I can send you a treat before I undergo my next surgery on thurs. What's the prize? I don't know yet- but it's always fabric (and a COL pattern) and it's ALWAYS worth it!

Can't wait to see what you send!

9 comments:

jlk said...

Trudge, trudge, trudge! Through the mud, mud, mud! It's a favorite in our house, too.

What a fun thing to look for. Thanks for the challenge :)

Kat said...

Here are some of my grandmother's quilts. The carpenter's wheel is my favorite.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2797187&id=8377998&l=e668b2e48b

Debi said...

I sent you two web cards with pictures of my two favorite quilts.

nattyg said...

http://nataliegrange.blogspot.com/2010/03/grandma-davis-quilt-i-copied-not-quite.html

Both of my grandmothers were sewers, and both have passed away. This is one of the only quilts we have from my dad's mom. It's destroyed, so I copied the pattern..

Abby said...

Just emailed a whole bunch to you. Good luck! What do you need them for?

Carol said...

My favorite classic block is the pinwheel.

lisa said...

A favorite quick quilt for me is a streak of lightning. I know that method can then be used for bargellow (sp?) and similarly for trip around the world...it's also a great one to teach begining quilters about 1/4" seams, pressing, and how to line up seams.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

I emailed a few your way. Hope you get what you need!

Jan said...

Sent you a photo of my baby quilt that my Grandma made me quite a number of years ago!