Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Cleaning House

I've been working through the 'Stash' lately planning for an "EVENT". (Have you seen the commercial? Yes, this is the event.) I've also been blog-hopping looking for new inspiration.
Although I've visited this blog several times before, this time I was captivated by something that usually doesn't 'captivate' me. Take a peek at this. Every single one of these blocks can come from the stash. Stuff that I might normally get rid of (yes, you heard me- Get. Rid. Of.) is starting to take on a new meaning to me.
Many of you already save and use every single scrap. I'm not one of those. Ok, I save them- but I don't use them. I was also inspired by this. How fun!

I'm thinking....

Give me a minute, I might be on to something.....

I'll get back to you.

So, What are your thoughts on 'scraps'?

9 comments:

Moose on the Porch Quilts said...

I'm thinking that you are thinking of doing something fun that I hope I have time to do with you!

Jandi said...

I hope it is something fun!

jlk said...

I generally donate my scraps to a teacher at our elementary school. She can find better uses for them than I!

Beth said...

I have been involved in a block swap, using my scraps. Also I took a bunch of FQ that I no longer wanted to use and made a couple of tops which willmost likely b donated once they are quilted.

I started a leader and ender project ( inspired by a blog) and I am working on a third top from those scraps.

Yvonne said...

You can do so much with scraps! When I learned how to quilt the teacher told us to save every scrap bigger than a stamp and you know what...... I do! Keep thinking, you sure will come up with something cute!

Michele said...

I'd rather play with scraps than yardage. I love to see scraps being used so beautifully. They're all over blogland. Go quilters!

Emily said...

I prefer scraps over yardage any day. I'm not so much a "use the whole line of fabric" kind of girl. I like the look of scrappy quilts much better.

Debi said...

The only scraps I keep are 2.5" strips. I use these for charity quilts. I do not enjoy working with small pieces.

Amber said...

I'm loving using up every scrap on a new 72-6" blocks. Thanks for your own contribution! Good Luck with all your life decisions. I will miss you if you move, though!