Thursday, July 22, 2010

CRAZY!!

Thought I'd share a pic of one of my 'scrap' projects.

Found a box of scraps I started playing with over a year ago and decided to FINISH this UFO- by the end of the summer! (sometimes setting a goal actually helps in accomplishing something)
Of course I am strip piecing this- but still!

Wanna make a 'CRAZY' postage stamp quilt like this? It started with leftover Jelly Roll strips that I cut in half lengthwise. That makes them 1 1/4" wide. Now I know there's a whole group of quilters out there that do those 'Oh My Gosh' quilts with teeny-tiny pieces. But I'm not one of them. This is about as small as I get- hence the reason I'm calling it 'CRAZY'.

6 comments:

Yvonne said...

That is really small! It will take you some time to finish but it is very cute.

Amber said...

Love it!! Right up my own alley. Can't wait to see the WHOLE thing!!

ChitterChatterDesigns said...

Love it Emily! I am so jealous! I have been wanting to make one of these for quite some time, but keep getting pulled in other directions. It looks amazing, can't wait to steal...I mean see it! Hugs, -Cori

Beth said...

Crazy fun it looks like. Reminds me that I have nearly a whole shoe box sized container with 2" squares, maybe I should get sewin!
Can't wait to see your progress.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Like this is one of those projects that I am going to do with my leftovers---but that "someday" is not here yet!!!! But maybe "someday" I will make one too!!!
Hugs, Di

SheilaC said...

Now those are some tiny squares!!

SheilaC