Wednesday, March 2, 2011

FINISHED!

I finally finished quilting 'Flower Power'. I know, the pattern is already out. But sometimes I'm in such a hurry to release the pattern I take the cover picture of the quilt top before it's been quilted. This one I couldn't wait for. I had special plans.

See what I mean?
I knew I wanted a medallion in the center. This part I drew with water erasable pen and quited over. The concentric circles around it were the last thing I did on the whole quilt.

I echoed each petal four times and meandered (stippled) the remainding space and border.

Then I quilted a squiggly line down each petal.
I actually quilted this part after everything else. Originally I didn't want quilting inside the petals. But after the rest of the quilt was done the petals looked unfinished. So I added this. I LOVE IT! The only thing I don't like is the puckering around the outside edge of each petal. You can see it a little in the picture. Oh well. Now I know for next time!


And the finished beauty!
BTW: the quilt IS square- but my camera wasn't! :o)




14 comments:

Tiffany said...

I think this may be one of my favorite spring quilts - so lovely - the quilting and the piecing and pattern!

Judy said...

What a beautiful quilt! I love everything about it, the colors, fabrics, and quilting are all perfect. Great job!!

Tiffany said...

Great quilting! I am impressed with your echoing. I always struggle with that.

Betsy said...

It is stunning. Great design, quilting and color choices.

West Michigan Quilter said...

What a beautiful quilt. Looks like spring! You did a fantastic job of quilting it.

Michele said...

It IS a beauty! Love your quilting.

Kathy said...

That is just beautiful. I love it!! The colors are so pretty and I love the quilting you've done on it.

Janell said...

Absolutely stunning Em! I love it.

Yvonne said...

Spring must be arriving soon looking at your quilt! You did a great job quilting it, very beautiful!

Kira said...

I think this is fabulous. The quilting on it is lovely. Quilting is just as important as design and color combination. That's new idea for me.

Cynthia said...

Love this quilt! Such a cute pattern, cute fabrics, and impressive quilting! Good work!

Amy said...

very nice! I also love the quilting.

zach said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Peacock family said...

I absolutley love the colors Em. One of my favorites.