Saturday, November 10, 2012

Hello Again

It feels like I've been gone for way too long. It's been almost a month since my last post! Did you miss me? What a busy fall I've had. First Sewing Summit then Quilt Market and Festival back to back. I have so much to tell/show you.
 
A little over 2 weeks ago we (Terry and Shannon and I) packed up the trailer and hit the road. Two days travel to get to Houston. Oh my! Did we have some laughs. Here's a couple of sites we saw.
 
 
I had my first Lotaburger at Blake's in Farmington, NM.  I'm not a huge burger fan but this was just what I needed after half the day in the truck. The girls got a good kick out of my asking what an 'Itsaburger' was. How was I supposed to know!?  :o)  

 
We also stopped in Midpoint, TX- probably the closest to Radiator Springs that we were going to find. (I'm a big CARS fan :o)
 
 
Halfway between Los Angles and Chicago- kinda' cool!

 
I loved seeing all the old signs and such on Route 66

 
Just down the road we stopped at the Cadillac Ranch just outside of Amarillo, TX

 
The girls stayed in the car while I got out and walked around (and IN) the cars. Pretty cool to say I've been there.  :o)

 
And here's our rig. "Hi Shannon!" I'd never pulled a trailer before so when it was my turn to drive I was quite nervous. The girls got a good laugh at me. When I wasn't behind the wheel and all tensed up I was able to laugh at myself too.
 
I have so much to share about Market and Festival. See you Monday!

 

7 comments:

Sherri said...

I went by your booth a couple times...you either weren't there or were busy talking...and I sooo wanted to say hi...I had to leave early, too...so it was hard...last time I went to market in SLC I stayed the entire time...and really ended up with extra time...this time it was rush, rush, rush!

-carey- said...

Hey! We wanted to order your "quilts for guys" book and didn't get a chance to order it at Market. Also couldn't find it on Checker. Who's your distributor or can we order them directly through you?

Thanks!

Carey.thequiltstudio@gmail.com
carol@thequiltstudio.net

Yvonne said...

Fun to travel with you on your way to market through your blog! Great pictures! Glad y'all made it back home safe too.

Natalia from Piece N Quilt said...

You make me laugh! I can't believe how long you were gone! :)

Unknown said...

Love the pictures! Looks like a lot of fun. Wish I could of been there.

Cindy Sharp said...

Now I am itching to go on another road trip. It has been so long since the last one.

The Peacock family said...

I hope you had green chili on that burger at Blakes. No better way to eat a burger in NM.