Monday, May 23, 2011

Look Now!

I "almost" finished my 'Don't Look Now' project. (I still have the binding to finish) Obviously I took some liberty with my placement but that's what you're supossed to do, right!?


I am VERY pleased with the way it turned out. Especially since I have become quite impatient. (I was going to crop the pic down more, but when I saw the toe of my shoe I thought I'd leave it. Made me smile!)

I layered an 80/20 batting with a poly batting on top for some loft. I kinda got the feel I was going for. The flowers definately have a little more dimension than otherwise.


I used fabrci from my stash with Sandy's 'Frolic' print as my main inspiration. I even fussy cut some of the flowers like Kelli does. The background was a cheapy white on white that had a paisley print on it. I "loosely" followed the design in my quilting.


Things I learned:


I am not as much of a perfectionist as I used to be- but I am ok with that.


Kelli is even MORE talented than I realized. And I already KNEW she was talented.


This is not a difficult technique, it just takes practice to master.


I AM going to try this again...though I'm not sure how soon. (I have lots of other projects on the table....and around the table....and on the floor.....you get the picture)


On another note- who wants free fabric? :o)


Hop on over to Ribbon Candy, she's got goodies to give away. And after you go today, keep going back, this is just the beginning!

17 comments:

Cille said...

Oh wow... That is simply so beautiful. I so wish I had the courage to start a project like that

Lynette said...

I *LOVE-LOVE-LOVE* the "Don't Look Now!" It ***IS*** going to happen at my house next year. :)

I really like the binding you've used.

Rosa said...

That`s beauatiful.Well done!!

Betsy said...

This is a beautiful project and your quilting is spectacular. I have several of kellie's pattern that I need to start.

Melanie said...

Fantastic! It's beautiful! Maybe if I quit being Meanie and start being Melanie you might want to make one for me for my birthday? ;)

Must be nice to be so talented!

Auntie Pami said...

Adorable! I'm taking one of her patterns to begin tracing tonight (I've got several...). She's an amazing quilter/designer.

corina said...

Your happy little quilt really brightened up my cloudy day!

Cheri C. said...

Okay... I do like Sandy, but I never loved Frolic BUT you made me love it. This is beautiful!! And, the quilting!!! LOVE IT!!! You actually make me want to make one (if I knew how). :) Thanks for sharing!!

Mary said...

Your quilt is awesome! I've always wanted to try her patterns but have been too chicken.

Kira said...

This is darling. I love it. The quilting is exciting. Wow.

Miss Holly said...

This is one of the most beautiful quilts I have ever seen...I love everything about it..the colors...the flowers..your choice of the curly design for the quilting and then the raised effect on the flowers...so perfect...just wonderful in every way!!!!!

smileynann said...

SOOO gorgeous! I love your quilting -- you are so brave! I'm seriously going to have to try this sometime, it's too cute to pass up.

ChitterChatterDesigns said...

Wow Emily! Looks like you have it mastered to me! Just beautiful, the quilting just makes it sing. Congrats! I still have to finish up my "Don't look now" project.... you have given me the push I need. I so want to call one of her great designs mine. Off to do some stitching. ~Cori

Moose on the Porch Quilts said...

I think that might officially put the crazy into your name. It looks great!

John'aLee said...

Such a darling quilt~ Love your blog!

@pril said...

I love this project, really cute. I featured it on my blog: http://koolbeenz-blog.blogspot.com/2011/06/gallery-of-featured-crafters-3-with.html

Feel free to grab my Featured Button.

Jan said...

Amazing and so pretty.