Sunday, May 22, 2011

What did you do on Saturday?

I was sitting around watching iCarly with my kids and glanced over at this horrible looking table. We've had this thing FOREVER. I think we've had it longer than my oldest child.

My kids have had it out playing games on it ever since Grandma and Grandpa were visiting. My daughter was picking at the top and of course I scolded her and told her not to pick anymore. Then I got an idea.

"Paris, want to go to Corn Wagon?" (it's one of her favorite places to go- seriously)

I picked up some Amy Butler laminated fabric and set to work. Only a couple hours later and I had this:

It only took that long because I had to wait for the spray paint to dry. I didn't even have to buy any- I had some that matched already!

All that old table needed was a little "LOVE"



Now I just have to do the chairs!

16 comments:

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

i spent my saturday sewing a new bag {that i love}... but i also love this table... and might just make over my card table too!! great idea! ;-)

Bobbi said...

Spent Saturday quilting with the Austin Modern Quilt Guild. It was great!!

Aaaaand I LOVE this card table. I may have to hunt the craigslist ads for old card tables. Just so I can make one of these!!

Lynette said...

Wowow!! That's so gorgeous! Did the top just pop off and back on, or did you have to problem solve?

Megan R. said...

I spent mine enjoying the rare sun that we had. I absolutely love that table. That's the best idea. I need to do that to my table and chairs too.

Nurseli said...

I love that! It came out great- looks fantastic. I spent my Saturday morning working, but spent the afternoon snuggling with my son.

Unknown said...

Organizing my quilt room and loaded a quilt on my machine. No hockey to distract me!

Rebecca Merry said...

Ok, that's just freaking adorable. I HATE having to get out the card table, but that would be just wonderful to show off!

Robin Quilts, etc. said...

What a great idea. I have an old card table around here and that's just what it needs to bring it back to life. Thank you for the inspiration.

Tiffany said...

I think the fact that you had all that on hand is the best part!

Beth said...

Fantastic redo. I have a ratty table that could use a make-over.
Thanks for sharing.

Debi said...

I spent my Saturday visiting with my parents. I love what you did with the table...awesome.

Dawn Heese said...

Love it! I went to my son's graduation on Sat.

@pril said...

This looks great. Did you have to take the topper off?

Erzebat said...

nouLove it! what a great makeover! wish we had a shop that sold laminate here. (mauh) Liz

Moose on the Porch Quilts said...

That makes me want a card table!

Jeanne Gwin said...

Well now that table looks fabulous and fun, but would be the dickens to work a puzzle on LOL. I have a question about sewing laminates, what type and size of sewing machine needle would you recommend? Thanks

Ciao
Jeanne