Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Dreaming

Every once in a while during my blog-hopping time I will skip over to FQS and check out their 'Coming Soon' page. And then the dreaming begins. I call it "window shopping for quilters" since there is no such thing as actually walking into a quilt shop and not buying anything. *wink!*  Here are a few of my favorite finds this week.


I love the creamy pink, slate grey and buttery yellows in this line. I have a bundle full of pieces I've gathered in just these colors for a project and here they have them all together! Added bonus- Lori Holt is a local [to me] designer.


I love the geometric prints in this line. The two that are to the left of the FQS sign- YUM! The super saturated colors are fun too!



This isn't normally a colorway I would go for but I am LOVING this selection from Joel Dewberry. There's a couple other colorways in the collection but this one really grabbed my attention.


I really like this. Reminds me of my favorite Jelly Belly- Juicy Pear. Mmmmm. The print in the top left corner really grabbed me. So cute. And people thought birds were going 'out'. Not these ones. They're the perfect bridge between cute and quirky.

Ooh La La! I've been working with some black-to-white (or is it white-to-black) fabric selections lately and this is just awesome!  I've seen these prints in scrapbook paper and loved every single one of them. I like how there are a couple more traditional prints, but also several whimsical ones as well.

I have no connection with any of these lines- they're just ones that really grabbed my attention. I love to wait for them to hit the stores knowing that I already have a strong connection to them. On that note, I've also learned not to discount ones that don't grab my attention on the screen. So many times I've seen them in the fabric flesh at my LQS and realized I was so wrong about them. Sometimes the computer screen just doesn't do them justice and you have to see them in person to see their true beauty.

What are you dreaming of?



7 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I have dreamt of a grey quilt and found the perfect fabric with a new line by Bunny Hill 'Puttin' on the Ritz'. And it is everything I have dreamed!

Sherri said...

"Window shopping" on the FQS coming soon page is one of my favorite things to do, too! Great collections you picked!

Tricia said...

Those first two are great! I wasn't dreaming of any new lines until I saw those. Now I need to head over and do some of my own window shopping!

DianeY said...

Well, I keep dreaming of Going Postal! But you found some good ones. too!

Sharon Pernes said...

Imlove window shopping at FQS! I love the black and white line, will go great with my black and white quilt, thanks for sharing!

Shelley said...

Yeah, I think a little window shopping is in order for me too! Thanks for the idea :)

The Bailey's said...

Hey, I have been browsing their coming soon page also!:) I am totally in love with the Heirloom - sapphire collection! I really want to make the dress they have coming out...so cute! I also love "Hometown" and "So Sophie". The more times I look at the newcomers, the more that I fall in love with, so I better stop!