Friday, July 1, 2011

New project!


The other day I was blog hopping and came across a quilt at Moda Bake Shop.
It was cute but I wasn't dying over it.
However, later on I was thinking about something else and I rememered that quilt again and was curious which fabric line was used. I went back to the post and read through the tutorial.

OH MY HECK!!!  I was so impressed and excited. I HAD to try this technique!


And so, I started searching my stash. I had three Park Avenue by 3 Sisters charm packs and yardage for borders. The only thing I didn't have was newsprint. Luckily my neighbor came to the rescue. I was so excited I started sewing that night. I worked on it for the next few days until it was quilted and bound! 


I LOVE how this quilt turned out. It was so fun!  Obviously I didn't use her patterns, just the technique. I made 18" squares and cut them apart like I would in my Liliana pattern (but bigger). Then, of course, sewed them back together.

The coolest part is the texture you get from her technique and the edges of the charms. I quilted my quilt in an allover square design. I haven't quilted in so long it was looking pretty scary at first, but after a while it was like riding a bike and I was back in the groove. The parts that don't look that great actually add to the character.

The best part is I had all I needed in my stash!  I love when I see a project that I just HAVE to do and I don't have to wait to go to the quilt shop first to get started!  :o)

Hey all, have a wonderful and safe holiday weekend!

God bless the U.S.A.!

2 comments:

Lynne (Lily's Quilts) said...

Thank you so much firstly for such a wonderful, enthusiastic post and secondly, for making this quilt - I was so thrilled when I read your flickrmail. Funnily enough, I found it hard to photograph the quilt so that you could see the way the fabric was made so I am really excited you picked up on that. I love hoe you took that and went and made something totally different too. You really made my day with that post. Lynne

Yvonne said...

Beautiful Quilt. I love that Park Avenue line of Moda!