Monday, July 4, 2011

Kenny Sew More

Meet the newest member of our household. You may know him by Ken More, but I call him Kenny. As many of you may remember, early this year I lost my beloved Kendra. I have debated replacing her for some time- but she just seemed so irreplaceable. However, this weekend I was made aware of Kenny and at once knew I had to adopt him.

You see, Kenny is...um was the floor model at a store. He's been used and abused. Lots of lookers, no takers. Until I came along and saw the wonderful machine that he is.

I've thought and thought about replacing Kendra for months. I've looked at many machines. The problem is that even with a test drive in the store I still didn't know if that machine was going to be the one. Kendra was just so....perfect. So when I saw Kenny I knew the wait was over. After all, they come from the same blood line. They're cousins- but practically twins. Identical twins if-you-know-what-I-mean.

I haven 't gotten a chance to see what Kenny can do yet. He was missing a few important parts (power cord). Because of his condition he came at a very discounted price. Another reason I couldn't pass him up. Can you believe I just threw out Kendra's remains a couple weeks ago!? Grrrr!  That's what always happens- you don't think you're going to need something and finally throw it out and right after it's gone you realize you do need it. Oh well, the new cord is on it's way and I'll be blanket stitching before the week is over.

Some may not think Kenny is a great machine. I know better. After having Kendra for 7 years and Kendall (my oldest and most beloved Kenmore) for almost 12 years- and still going, I am very pleased to have Kenny join the family. And I expect to have many good years with him.

9 comments:

pamkennison said...

I hope you have many good years with Kenny :)

Cheers

Pam

paulette said...

I had my Kenny for over 27 years and only had it service ONCE!! I love him!
P

Vroomans' Quilts said...

My first machine was a Kenmore and made many 4-H projects - then clothes for my children. Then the motor said no more. Now I have a New Home that was given me (old Janome) and is my power house workhorse - both well made, durable machines.

Anonymous said...

Great choice, this particular model is made by Janome, I've considered purchasing it myself as a back-up / travel machine. Congratulations!

Brenda said...

My Kenmore is a heavy 1960's model that has aged gracefully. Love her to death. My parent's found her for me at a garage sale for 5 dollars. I have been looking at some fancier machines, but right now, she is all that I need! :)

How lucky to get the floor model discounted! Fate works in mysterious ways sometimes... ;)

Brenda :)

FabricandFlowers said...

My first machine was a Kenmore. First loves!

ZanBryDesigns said...

I hope you and Kenny have many happy sewing days! I have Bernie my Bernina 440 and it has been serviced once and that is because my son dropped him off my sewing table. I had to spend 2 weeks without him. I love my Bernie I have only had Bernina's my mom upgrades hers and I get the old one.

Kim Q said...

Pssssst...your Kenny is likely made by Janome. Take a peek at the metal tag on the back. If the model number begins with the numbers 385, it's a Janome in sheep's clothing. Great machines, you can't go wrong with them.

pklaw said...

My Kenmore is 34 years old and I sew with it nearly everyday! Sadly, most of the replacement parts for it have been discontinued. I will miss it when it is gone but for now we are best friends!