Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Now What!?

The other night a neighbor of mine dropped off a quilt to be quilted. It's just a little baby quilt. But in this quilt was a fabric print that I could not take my eyes off of. I LOVED IT! And, to my surprise, I didn't remember seeing it before- ANYWHERE.

Today I walked into my local shop and one of the gals there was showing a quilt she'd done. Would you believe it had that same fabric print in it? What are the chances?

So began my obsession. I knew I HAD to have it.
I was told it was an old line and that they didn't have any left. But when I wandered upstairs I found a piece. Not the exact piece I was looking for, but one close enough.

Ok, well my captions didn't turn out very good. The strips is the fabric that I fell in love with. It's from 'Hey Sugar' by Cosmo Cricket. Can you believe what a good match that piece from 'Deer Valley' is?

So here's my latest purchse- NOW WHAT!?

I'd love your help deciding on a pattern for this fabric. Obviously it doesn't have to be one of MY patterns. But if you comment and suggest something and I decide to do it, who knows? Maybe I'll send you a little something for your help ;o)

16 comments:

Barb said...

I love the fabric...well...I have to touch and feel it before I can have any type of inspiration...care to send it on over...HA!!!

Donna @ Mudpies & Memories said...

Gorgeous fabrics! I think an hourglass quilt with a white background would showcase the fabrics beautifully.

Lexilooo said...

Oooh, it's pretty! I suggest some sort of Irish Chain...it's my favorite!

Jen said...

Hmm... I could see a really nice scrappy bento box with those fabrics.

Emily Herrick said...

Donna, I'm intrigued by the 'hourglass' idea- can you send a link or picture of one so I can get a better idea.
I know I design patterns, but I don't know everything! ;o)

Christy said...

The fabrics are so bright and cheerful-I love it! I actually thought it might be a beautiful Crossroads patterns. The different scale prints would work well, and you could still really see the large stripe and floral prints! Good luck!

Shannon said...

Love them all. I have some of the Cosmo Cricket line, which one are you looking for and how much do you need? I'm willing to share.

jlk said...

I love the bento box idea, and I also think a whirly gig pattern would be good.

Rachel said...

hmmm...I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest something with eight pointed stars. I just love stripes with eight pointed stars, but you do have to be careful.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

I think these fabrics would make an awesome Crossroads quilt.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Opps, I see that Christy already suggested Crossroads ahead of me...great minds...

Taya said...

I came across Ankas Treasures blog the other day and love this pattern. Particularly the bottom left corner. Although I think your fabric selection would look great with any pattern. I got my package from you and it is so fun. Thank you!

Taya said...

Oops sorry forgot the link. http://ankastreasures.wordpress.com/2009/09/14/color-options-and-a-fun-contest/

Emily Herrick said...

Thanks Taya. Did you notice that the top left quilt and the last 2 quilt pictures included some of the same main fabric prints from Cosmo Cricket? no wonder they looked so great! I did come up with a pattern tho- pics coming soon. ;o)

Tami in Tucson said...

Great choice of fabrics- i like yours better than the original stripes - dont get me wrong - lovvveee stripes, but the have their challenges, but when i saw the fabric - i thought - well, girl , u need to show it off, almost like a large scale print - though with the repeat it doesmnt look reallll yyy large... anyway, stil going fdor showing it off. I like (and am still contemplating buying) in bloom - and as a second runner up, backyard circus would show it off nicely too... if u wanted to use another persons pattern, oh this is soo bad - it is ankas treasures i believe or thimble bloosoms that have a book all using large sccale prints - i think it is called living large

a few simple idea - from a simple mind - hee!

im sure wahtever u choose, it will turn out greattttt!

Tami

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure how much of an applique kind of gal you are...but I LOVE Whimsy Playground..I love the retro feel of the original and would just die (or pay money) to see it done in other fabrics..Whimsy Playground inspired me to design my own owl and quilt that I am working on for my daughters bedroom.