Thursday, March 7, 2013

Getting fatter

So today THIS happened:
 
 
I needed to drop off a few quilts at Thimbles and Threads for a trunk show that I'll be doing on March 16th (you should come see me!) I took my friend Marion (from MyQuiltDiet) along with me. The idea was we would run up there, drop off the quilts, grab lunch and head home. But then I thought "Wait! We should go to that other store, too!" That store is a special secret. It has awesome gems like Sunkissed, Fandango and even some Henna Garden! :o)  I really want to tell you about it but if I do you'll rush out and buy all the goodies and it won't be so special. You understand, right!?
 
After we left the other store I suggested we run up to Pine Needles to see their new shop. They are in the same shopping center but just moved into a bigger store and it is GORGEOUS!!! Lots of people have asked where to find Michael Miller Fabrics in Utah- well Pine Needles is the place. They have TONS of MMF fabrics. really. tons. And their new store is so big and spacious and cute and fun and pretty and full of gorgeous fabrics. Most of my haul today came from there.
 
We met up with our friend Suzanne at Pine Needles and she suggested we jaunt down to Material Girls. It wasn't quite time to pick up my kids from school yet so why not!?
 
Throughout our impromptu shop-hop I managed to pick up quite a few fat quarters. 44 to be exact. I'm into building my stash with color right now. I blame Instagram because I see so many fun things every day.
 
And so that's my story of how I became 44 quarters fatter. Oh and if you're wondering- yes, that's an ice cream sundae at the top of my stack. :o)

13 comments:

Kate Brown said...

sounds like my kind of day!

jlk said...

That sounds awesome. Your FQs are beautiful.

Karen said...

Oh what fun inspiration!!!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

What fun FQ's! But since I don't live near you, I think you should tell me about this secret store. LOL

Unknown said...

What the? I get three hard red vines and you get a Sundae? Geeze! ;) ....btw, thanks for the awesome sauce day :) xoxo
Ps - weve spent enough time together for you to know I'm not a robot!

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

OH this makes me wish I had moved to Utah last year! That stack looks very yummy!!!!

Unknown said...

Looks good to me. Wish I good go on one of your shopping trips.

Emily said...

I didn't see any information about your trunk show on the thimbles and threads website. Can you please post more info about it? Like time, cost, etc.? Thanks!

ipatchandquilt said...

Blissful day! Fab colours!
ipatchandquilt.wordpress.com

JusticeBlog said...

SSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! I've been trying to keep that 'other' store a secret too! They have good prices too!

Tsoniki said...

Lovely! I missed out on henna garden and love when I find a spare piece at a lqs! I did find a few yards of Neptune at a lqs so that sort of makes up for it. Sort of. LOL

Ella said...

All i want to know is what and were is this secret store!!!! SPILL it!!!;)

Anonymous said...

Chevron Traffic! And BTW I love the Technicolor Collection! It's wickedly awesome~