Monday, November 28, 2011

Stuffed

It's Monday and I'm trying to get back into my routine after the Thanksgiving break. Did you have a nice holiday? I sure hope so. Ours was very nice and low key. I cook for my little family, my brother and another brother and his wife. There was lots of laughter and of course, over eating. I still feel full.

During some of my down time- sitting on the couch too stuffed to move- I had the chance to go through this book in more depth. I told you I'd tell you about it and I can hardly wait!

 Honestly, I was excited to get this book because I won it- but I don't really make doll quilts. However once I peeked at this book I knew I was going to LOVE it. The techniques in the book are shown in doll quilt size- but you can make these 'blocks' in any size quilt. Which is just what I am itching to do.

 This was one of my favorites. I love how Lucinda incorporated so many different techniques. The crosses, flying geese and the 'bird-house'. Oh, and did you see the one side with the triangle edging? I LOVE that it's only one side. Totally my style. And of course the color palette is yummy. Remember my post here- wouldn't this fabric be PERFECT!? I better write to Santa.  :o)

 I have been dreaming of making a quilt like this ever since I saw Amanda Jean's. It is a bit overwhelming to me to imagine making a large quilt in this technique. I think starting small like Cathy did would be the key. Besides, it has such a fun color-wheel thing going on. LOVE that!

 I can't stop looking at this one. Now this one I can definately see in a large size. Who wants to make it for me!?  ;o) I love Penny's string piecing technique and the way its accented in the diamond shape. LOVE!!!!

There are SO MANY other cute ideas in this book. You should really go get it so you can tote it from room to room in your hosue wherever you go like I've been doing. :o)

I've been collecting some Christmas-y fabrics for a little over a year now. I have quite a fun bundle. I haven't been able to bring myself to cutting it because I needed the PERFECT project for it. Well, I found that project this weekend and I can't wait to show it to you!!!

Have you been sewing any Christmas-y projects?

2 comments:

Lorri said...

I have been making Christmas lap quilts this year. I have 7 of them to finish up before the holidays. My Christmas stash is about tapped out!

Yvonne said...

Yes, almost ready with a Lynette Anderson stitcherie I am making this year! Love the book, cute quilts!