Friday, January 14, 2011

Patchwork Picnic

The moment I saw this fabric (La Petite Ecole by French General for Moda) it spoke to me in 'Americana'. I tried to resist. I was "so over" that phase as of at least 5 years ago. But it kept nagging. And boy am I glad it did!

PATCHWORK PICNIC


I love the simplicity and asymmetry of this pattern. I am currently working on a new version of this pattern using something more spring-y and floral-y (without the applique, of course). Because, as we all know, just because it's in 'Americana' on the cover doesn't mean we can't make it in something entirely different, right!? I'll let you know how it turns out!

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

I am into Amaricana since 1976 and still LOVE it! Love this fabric! Boy am I glad I get to go to the AQS in March! They don't sell that fabric here! It is so cute!