Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Who want's to fuse!?

Alrighty. I successfully posted my first tutorial on fusible applique. The feedback was good. I hope it helps some of you overcome your fear of the fuse. :o) But enough about that, let's pick a winner from last weeks Steam-A-Seam contest.

Number 15 is GILL!
Gill said " I've enjoy applique, but always used bondaweb (I think you call it wonder-under!) Is this better or just different??"
Well Gill, you're about to find out! :o)
In other news, today is my cancer-versary. One year ago today I got that phone call that changed my life. Even though thyroid cancer is "the cancer to have", it hasn't been an easy road. At this point I feel it changed my life in a good way because I have become much more greatful for the blessings in my life. So, celebrate with me today by doing something you love! :o)


5 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Congratulations Emily on your one year anniversary! I have a 24 year anniversary of living C free coming up in April!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Wishing many more anniversaries! For a fun project today I will make my Valentine fabric postcards.

Yvonne said...

Congratulations to you and Gill! You are so right, we have to cherish each and every day that is given to us as if it was the last!
Tonight I am going to bake a cake!

ChitterChatterDesigns said...

Congratulations Emily! I will be doing a little wandering through some favorite stores today, while thinking of you. Thank you for the inspiring post. Also congrats to Gill, I will have to get me some of that! I need to make up a quilt asap! Hugs, -Cori

Unknown said...

Congratulations lovely lady ... It is so wonderful to hear good news out there, it's been one of those years for me, loss upon loss.

Here's to many many more years of joy to you :)

btw - fantastic tute - I'm going to do some applique for one of the swaps I'm in ... Yay!